Nicole Ambs

Chyna Grochoske, Staff Writer

With the end of the school year coming up on the 14th of June, and graduation seven days beforehand, the 2018 graduating Academic Elite students have to be recognized. Nicole Ambs has great friends and even better grades-that’s why she’s a part of this year’s Academic Elite students. Ambs, daughter of Marlys and Jefferey Keefer, plans to go to Western Michigan University for music education. “I want to go into voice- so choir. I decided to go into this field because I’ve been in musicals since I was in fifth grade. I want to be a collegiate choir conductor,” said Ambs. Her step-dad, said Ambs, happens to be her biggest role model because he’s been involved and supportive in her life and helped her get to where she is now.

In high school, picking a favorite class isn’t really an option. Mrs. Gates class, art class, and choir class are classes that she enjoys the most. Speaking of choir, Joel Moore is her most influential teacher, because Moore pushed her to do honors choir and even gave her private lessons. Ambs accomplished many extra-curricular activities and had a lot of recognition. Ambs has been involved in MSVMA choir, DECA, and a WMU seminar music camp and met many friends who enjoy her same passions. She is proud of her Rotary Honors night and has earned many academic achievements. Above all, Ambs’s most rewarding high school experiences were not only prom and sports events, but also growing up with the many friends she has in her grade. “Never take things for granted- live in the moment. Don’t wish to graduate so soon,” Ambs said. “You only get to experience it once, [and] once it’s done, it’s done.”