Emily Bass

Back to Article
Back to Article

Emily Bass

Lars Lund, Staff Writer

This year, THRS has kept up with the tradition of choosing a select group of students who have excelled in their schoolwork their senior year. Emily Bass is chosen as one of these Academic Elite students for this school year. Emily has received several awards while in school. These include perfect attendance, honor roll, Highest Honors, President’s Education Award (silver) and NHS. Bass is going to attend Glen Oaks Community College next school year where she will be playing softball and finishing her prerequisite classes. Being an Academic Elite student requires hard work and often motivation and help from others. Bass says her mom has been her biggest influence. “She has helped me with so much academically and emotionally. She’s always motivating me to be better and excel in everything I do,” she said.

Bass is leaving THRS with valuable knowledge and memories from her high school years. She says one of the most important things she learned in high school is to balance school, friends and relationships. “As I’ve gotten to senior year, I’ve learned how to manage my time and be responsible in getting work done before hanging out.” She encourages underclassmen to really focus on school, and to not brush off grades or attendance, because it’s easy to think one grade doesn’t matter until you realize your GPA could’ve been higher when you’re in your senior year. She also stresses that it’s important to still make time for friends and socializing, but she recommends finishing your work before you enjoy time with them. “After all, you only experience high school once,” she said. Bass’s most cherished moments from high school all involve sports. “I’m happiest when I’m with my team, whether it be cheer or softball.” Bass will miss seeing her friends every day, and she’ll miss her underclassmen friends.