Too Early to Jingle Your Bells?

Emily Long, Staff Writer

Chistmas has come early at Three Rivers High School. This year TRHS is putting on a production of the musical “White Christmas.” Usually, the high school puts on a spring production; however, this year to fit the show, Mr. Joel Moore the musical’s director, decided to have the production before Christmas break. Senior chorus member of the musical, Izabella Taylor said, “It’s a big task to take on because we are having a fall show, and there is a lot less time to prepare, but I think we will be able to learn and perform a quality show.”

Auditions for “White Christmas” were held in late September, and the cast has been practicing since. The cast rehearses music, choreography, and scene blocking Monday through Friday for two hours a day. The musical this year consists of two acts, eighteen scenes, and twenty-three songs that the cast must learn before their performaces on December 9 and 10. Freshman chorus member of the musical Amy Adams said,“ I think we have made a lot of progress, and so far it’s sounding and looking great.”

Although there is a lot left to be done, like set building, costumes, makeup, and of course learning the rest of the scenes, music, and choreography, the cast and crew are staying positive and working diligently to put together a great show. Junior Hunter Anglemyer who plays Phil in the musical said, “I’m very excited for the show. I think people are really going to enjoy it, and it will be a lot of fun to finally perform the show after all of the hard work everyone is putting in.”

The cast and crew are extremely excited to perform for an audience. Sophomore Mason Randle who plays Bob in the musical said, “The audience should come to the play because it it exciting and different compared to previous years. I think the audience will most enjoy the upbeat and jazzy music and the choreography this year.”