Mrs. Sussdorf

Photo by Lars Lund

Photo by Lars Lund

Shania Shirk, Staff Writer

Working in a school and having to deal with all the children and all the parents- sound like anything you would like to do? Mrs. Sussdorf, who is new to us this year at the high school, discussed other schools where she has worked. “I have worked for three other buildings (schools). When I was first hired into the district, I worked as as the secretary for Three Rivers Adult & Community Education. I was in that position for 15 years. My position there was eliminated, and I was transferred to Park Elementry. I served as their secretary for five years before taking the position of Accounts Payable/Receivable at the admistration building. When the secretary position opened at the high school, I knew it was time for me to go back to working in a building with staff and students,” said Theresa Sussdorf.  She puts a lot of time and effort into the school and into helping whoever she can. Most people don’t know how much           Mrs. Sussdorf actually does for our school.

Mrs.Sussdorf has three children: two girls and one boy. In her free time, she likes to watch her grandsons and remodel her house. She likes to make her home look good so when people walk in, it looks all nice and clean. Mrs. Sussdorf loves her grandsons very much and always loves watching them whenever her children need her to be there.

Do you think her job is hard, just sitting in the office all day? “I would say the hardest part of my job is making sure everything is entered into Power School accurately. Things must be entered correctly for the district to receive funding,” said Mrs.Sussdorf. Some of you probably want to know why she came back to a school. “I decided to be at the high school because I really missed being around students and staff. At the administration building, you do not interact with any students and very few teachers. They are the heart of the district,” said Mrs.Sussdorf. She loves her job and the people around her. She has been in the district for 23 years and is still here continuing to help students and to do her job well.