Teacher Appreciation

Angel German, Staff Writer

Although most won’t admit it, education is one of the most important things in a young person’s life. The things you learn and the people you meet throughout school affect the path you choose to take. Teachers are some of the most influential people to high school students, and it is important to recognize all of hard work they do for us.

The teachers here at Three Rivers High School make huge impacts on the lives of students both inside and outside of the classroom. “Ms. Gates and Mr. Muffley have not only been great teachers in the classroom, but have also taught me so much about life,” said senior Cassandra Benthin. Being able to connect with a teacher on a personal level not only makes learning easier, but it also allows students to have a trusted adult to turn to when things go wrong at school. For some students teachers are the person they turn to when they need to discuss personal problems or seek help at home. Knowing that someone is out there to listen can make all the difference in a student’s life.

Sometimes teachers offer their students that extra boost we need to be successful. Teachers can offer students assurance of one’s abilities or push us to achieve our full potential. “Mr. Muffley, thank you for always believing in me, pushing me, and encouraging me. It’s nice to have a teacher who truly cares and believes his students will achieve great things. Because of you I’m ready to own my future!” said senior Serena Solis. “To Mr. Muffley; Thank you for helping me gain self-confidence and teaching me to be professional. To Ms. Gates; thank you for pushing me to strive in my work and in my life” said Benthin.