New England vs. Atlanta

Back to Article
Back to Article

New England vs. Atlanta

Renee Surdick, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year where football fans get pumped for the big game. Fans from all over pick the team that they want to win. People may even get in arguments over who will win or who is actually the better team, but the players will determine that. This is the night where fans come together to have a big Super Bowl party, and this is where the yelling and arguments take place. Well, this year’s Super Bowl was New England vs. Atlanta, and they have only played against each other 13 times.
New England happened to come out on top with the victory, but Atlanta dominated the whole first half of the game. Atlanta scored 21 points in the first half and played way better than New England. Their offense was explosive and their defense held New England to three points. Freshman Bailey Appoloni said, “Atlanta played better than New England in the first half, so people thought they had it won.” New England came out to play in the second half of the game to make the game very intense. This game had people standing on their toes because of how intense it was.
Tom Brady and New England came back and tied the game, which led to overtime. New England got the ball first in overtime and drove down the field to win. Junior Lincon Bent said, “It was an intense game, and we all thought it was going to be a blow-out, but New England came back to win.”
Even though some wanted Atlanta to win because they’ve never won, others felt that Tom Brady deserved to win because of his hard work and dedication to his team. Some may say Tom Brady puts a lot of effort in football to be able to win the big games. Junior Mohammad Abuhaltam said, “ I was happy that New England won because Tom deserved it.” New England now has five Super Bowls and was the first team to win the Super Bowl after losing by more than ten points.