TRHS Band and Choir Visits Rock and Roll

Ricky Clements, Staff Writer

The Three Rivers Wildcat band and choir headed off to Cleveland, the second trip from the two trips the music programs took this year. The Cleveland trip was a one day trip that was packed full of fun sights. “I really loved how the trip went, particularly because of how polite and friendly the group was. That represented Three Rivers in a great way,” said band director Bryan VanToll.

The day was full of things to do from the time the group arrived up to the time they left. The group kicked off the trip with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, then they headed off to Tower City Center Mall for lunch and shopping. Afterwards the group headed off to the State Theatre for Matilda: the Musical. The group then headed off to The Music Box Supper Club for dinner, and to end the trip, the group headed off for Severance Hall to watch the Cleveland Orchestra. “Any future trips that the TR band and choir take to Cleveland, I will definitely keep the food venue the same because our dinner was amazing,” said VanToll. Having so much to do in the span of one day doesn’t make for a lot of time at each attraction. “If the band and choir takes another trip to Cleveland in the future, I would consider leaving more time to enjoy the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which we had to rush through a little bit,” said VanToll.

The trip was a fun experience for all who attended, even the chaperones who went with the group. “The Cleveland trip was very successful and fun. One of the best things about the trip was that all students were responsible and on time throughout the event. Those little things make the whole experience that much more enjoyable,” said VanToll. Even though the trip was only one day, it was still a very successful and fun trip that left everyone with memories that will last a lifetime.