Bowling Team Rolls to the Finish

Renee Surdick, Staff Writer

As the bowling season came to an end, the girls and boys both placed in the Wolverine Conference. The boys got second with the record of 6-1, and the girls placed seventh with the record of 2-5. Neither the boys nor girls made it to state, but junior Wyatt Mains did qualify for state, placing fourth overall.

The team may say that there are ways they could improve as one to make it to state next year. Some say practice is the most crucial part to better the team and better oneself. “For next year, one strategy is to practice more seriously because it will help work out the little things we need to fix before matches, and it will also help us cover more spares,” junior Wyatt Mains said.

Working as a team may also be an important part to improve on. Many students on the team said they need to work on how to encourage their teammates to do better and to try their best. They also said it’s crucial to play until the game is over and not to stop trying before the end of the game. Team spirit is a big part of a team. “We could learn how to work better as a team; learn it’s not over until it’s over and push each other to the end,” junior Breanna Roberts said. It may even be more of an individual improvement to help the team make it to state. Some of the bowling team said they  need to learn how to take the season seriously or need to learn how to be consistent. Consistency will also help the team bowl better and pick up pins at the most important times. “Being consistent helps you find your spot, and that will help you get the pins you need,” senior Morgan Drumm said.