Jordan VanOss

Paige Richardson, Staff Writer

For the 2016 graduating class, there was about 16% of the class who were named Academic Elite. Jordan VanOss fitting into this category has a lot running for her; whether it is sports or education. VanOss, daughter of Steven and Tricia VanOss, and sister of Traven VanOss moved from Mendon to Three Rivers her sophomore year. She slid right into all the action and found her place at her new home. VanOss plans to attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania majoring in biology/pre med. In high school, her favorite classes were ELA and biology with Mrs. Linn, and Mrs. Karle. Now VanOss wants to pursue a career in the medical program and start a career using her knowledge to get her to that point. As a volleyball player signed with EU, VanOss chose to major in biology/pre-med, and to take the pre-med classes that Edinboro offers because she just “clicked with her classes with Mrs. Karle.”

During High School VanOss participated in volleyball and track. She was awarded Academic All-State, and highest honors for education. For athletics she received All Conference (4 years) and All-State (3 years). VanOss was a very successful student at Mendon and Three Rivers; her academic and athletic talent has really shone through at TRHS.

VanOss’s favorite things to do outside of the school doors were travel volleyball, reading, baking, and hanging out with friends and family. Seeing her underclassmen friends will be what she will miss the most after high school. One of VanOss’s favorite moments in her high school career would be finishing with a 4.0 GPA.

VanOss’s favorite teacher would have to be Mrs. Linn. “She had the biggest impact on my learning career and just me in general,” said VanOss. VanOss feels that the lesson that made the most impact on her life or the thing that she learned in high school is that “even though it seems like a really big deal now, everything will always work out like it’s supposed to,” she said. The advice that she gives to underclassmen is “do your homework earlier than you think you need to; due dates come faster than you think.” One more thing that VanOss will really miss from her high school journey is “having the freedom of seeing my friends whenever I want,” she said. With all the accomplishments and her school of choice, VanOss has the power to achieve her goals because she has paved the way to make it extremely possible for her to have a great career.