Maegan Trammel

Sidnee Arney, Staff Writer

As the youngest person ever accepted in the Glen Oaks nursing program, Maegan Trammel is an example of success. Daughter of Bart and Christy, and sister to Calvin, Maegan Trammel is attending Glen Oaks to obtain her RN, then transferring to Spring Arbor for her bachelor’s; she will then attend Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee for her masters in family nurse practitioner.

Trammel says that her favorite teacher is “Mr. Muffley because he always supported me with my dreams and goals to become an EMT and to take lots of dual enrollment classes. He taught me how to market myself, and I wouldn’t be where I am today without him.” Trammel has been on two mission trips to the Dominican Republic and El Salvador to help people build schools, churches, and help anyone in need. The passion and love of helping people Trammel exhibits originally comes from her grandmother. “My grandma Martin was a big influence on my career choice because she was a nurse for years and is still so passionate about helping others,” Trammel says.

As well as an extraordinary samaritan, Trammel is also an amazing student. In high school she received many scholarships and awards. These include Honor Roll, President’s List, Deans List for college, Student of the Month, the Rotary Club Scholarship, Park PTO Scholarship, Adam Learn Scholarship, and the Burnell Booko Nursing Scholarship.

On top of all of the work needed to earn these scholarships, Trammel still found time to participate in extracurricular activities, such as tennis for four years, member of NHS, CTE in animal science, and cross country as well as working at the HealthTRAC for over a year. Trammel says that her proudest moment in high school was “when I received my EMT certification before my high school diploma and also all the scholarships to financially support me through college.”

She advises all underclassman to take advantage of the dual enrollment classes because it helped her finally decide what career she wanted to go in to. Trammel says that he most cherished memory that she’ll take with her from high school will be “competing in state for DECA. Lezlie and I were partners, and we were state finalists and had the best role play medal.” We wish her luck in all her endeavors, and we’ll be sure to call her if we ever need a checkup.